Thursday, May 21, 2009

Shake Shake!

It's been a very very interesting week. Been busy in school, going to hospital for check-ups, house chores... Last Sunday, May 17, 8.39pm was very freaky... when I'm doing the laundry & my hubby plans to put the photo frames on our jamming room. We were discussing how it should be look like when suddenly the ground shook & the toys in our shelves starts to fall down. Omigosh! An earthquake! It's actually 4.7 magnitude but it's pretty strong 'cause of the epicenter was near our city, just few miles north. Few aftershocks followed that.
We thought everything's okay when on Tuesday afternoon, May 19, another quake shook the ground. This time it's a 4.1 at the same epicenter as was last Sunday... o_o I was home alone that time & I started to freaked out! I was about to do the laundry again when it happened. I started to worry the ceiling fan above my head would fall down, but i might catch it with the laundry basket I'm holding. They said it was an aftershock from the Sunday's quake.
It's really scary the first time I've experience 2 earthquakes in 2 days time. The last time I've felt the strongest was back in 1990 in my home country where everything shook pretty good, thankfully our house is still intact. The epicenter that time was in the northern area where everything was really devastated & many died.

No comments: